Thursday, September 15, 2016

Mandy Moore Opens Up About Divorce

Mandy Moore's new TV show This Is Us premieres Tuesday on NBC, so everyone in the free world is interviewing her about her divorce from Ryan Adams. Here's what she had to say to People:


"My story deviated in a different direction than I expected. But ultimately, life is about being happy and fulfilled and sometimes that means making hard choices...There are moments of being curled up in a ball on the floor. It's really hard. But I've moved on and progressed in the stages of grief and being angry and feeling the loss and all that. I do believe things happen for a reason. And I think I had that mantra moving through the trying times." 

On her marriage:
"There was a period in my life when it was so beautiful. And I had this really fascinating person [through whom] I got to see a completely different perspective on the world. I wasn't a participant in my own life for awhile. I poured so much of myself into my personal life and when that wasn't as fruitful as I hoped it would be and I extricated myself from that situation, I was able to realize I wasn't honoring myself and my dreams and what I wanted in life." 

On whether or not she would go back and change things if she could:
"You couldn’t pay me to go back five or ten years ago. Having gone through trials and tribulations has brought me to this place today. I feel so much lighter. And I'm growing into the best version of myself." 


No comments:

Post a Comment