Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Lady Gaga Talks Taking a Break

Lady Gaga recently sat down for an interview with The Mirror. Here's what she had to say:

On her instant fame in 2013:
“I needed a moment to stabilise. When my career took off, I don’t remember anything at all. It’s like I’m traumatised. I needed time to recalibrate my soul.”

On how she's handling fame today:
“I take medication. I’m not saying I feel good because of the medication - I wouldn’t encourage young people to take anti-depressants or mood stabilisers. I openly admit to having battled depression and anxiety and I think a lot of people do. I think it’s better when we all say: ‘Cheers!’ And ‘fess up to it. I definitely look after my well-being. [Fame is] the single greatest blessing of my artistic career, it’s wonderful.”

On turning 30:
“I wanted to leave my 20s, immediately. I was like: ‘Thanks, I get it. You’re young, you’re crazy, you’re wild. Goodbye.’I find in my 30s, I haven’t actually calmed down. I calm down for periods of time and then I’m actually worse - I’m more wild for a short period of time. It’s a little bit of both. But 30 is fantastic because I feel like I have all the wisdom of my 20s.”


No comments:

Post a Comment