Monday, September 12, 2016

Christy Turlington Vetoes Plastic Surgery

Supermodel Christy Turlington recently sat down for an interview with Town & Country Magazine, where she talked about plastic surgery. Here's what she had to say:

On whether or not she's had plastic surgery, or would have plastic surgery in the future:
"Never. Never. For years these things didn't even exist: collagen, fat cells, the crazy stuff people do I cannot imagine. First of all, I have no time. Second of all, I don't think it looks good. Maybe I would think differently if I thought it looked good and it didn't hurt and it didn't send bad messages to young people. But I've never seen someone who I've been like, 'Oh, that's a good idea.' It looks freaky to me."

On aging:
"I wasn't worried about aging at 16, and I'm not worried about it at 47. It's a fact of life, and it's good that people close to me see that I'm relaxed and okay about aging, not neurotic or worried about it. To my kids I'll be the mom who barely shaves her legs, who doesn't color her hair. Being who you are, being your best self, has nothing to do with what you look like."

On modeling:
"I have a one-day job threshold; two is too much. It's like, 'Oh good, at least I can get a manicure. I haven't had one in a year." 

On body image:
"I don't think people get eating disorders by looking at magazines. I think there's a much deeper set of issues around a lack of power and control, or something happening in the family. As an active model and a mother of a 12-year-old girl, I would not blame a magazine or fashion company for that. People have to get over the idea that realism is being projected here."

Read the full interview at Town and Country.


No comments:

Post a Comment