Sunday, July 17, 2016

Shiri Appleby Talks Sons and Daughters

UnREAL actress Shiri Appleby welcomed son Owen in December. She recently spoke to People about the difference between raising her daughter Natalie, 3, and son Owen. Here's what she had to say:

“The first few months, everyone was like, ‘Isn’t it so different?’ And I didn’t really understand. Then we just vacationed with some friends of ours that have a baby girl the same age, and she’s dainty and sits, and he’s really active. It’s much more energy!”

On Owen:
“[He's a] very happy child. We’re teething and eating solids. Big things! We’re just kind of exposing him to everything right now. We’re really just trying to create as wide a palate as possible.”

On Natalie:
“She’s a big girl, she’s a big kid now, she’s really just taken to it. It’s really wonderful to see the two of them be together. It’s great.”

On taking time for herself:
“Taking care of myself and working out is something that I’ve really been focused on, because having to go to work and be a mom, I’ve noticed the one thing you don’t give yourself enough of is time for yourself. And for me, that’s really working out. 

I do my hair in the morning really quickly, and then I use the other time to work out and do DVDs in my trailer. I do the Tracy Anderson DVDs. I do 30 to 45 minutes maybe four days a week when I’m working...I’m going back to the gym now. I’m so happy! It feels good to just work your core, work your arms. It really makes you feel strong and engaged in the world in a healthier way.”


No comments:

Post a Comment