Monday, July 18, 2016

Pitbull Has a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

E! News reports that the latest recipient of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is Pitbull. His star is the 2,584th, and is located on Celia Cruz square. Here's what he had to say at the ceremony: 

"I use these platforms to speak to you all and for you all to understand that for me it's never been about money, it's never been about fame—It's been about a journey. And that journey being that it's about our culture. It's about coming from nothing to something. It's about being the prime example of what the American dream is and what it embodies.

There are people in my life that I love and I keep out of the public eye, I guess you could call it being selfish, because I don't want them to be a part of the life I signed up for, but I love them dearly.

To be up here it just goes to show what happens when you're focused, when you work hard, when you believe in yourself, and when you go against all odds. And if there's on thing I never understood it's no. Losing to me is just another opportunity and failure to me is just another lesson learned.


I want to say thank you to my mother because she taught me one thing, it's the most important thing in life, she taught me how to survive. To teach them how to go against all odds and see that nothing could stop them as long as they believe in themselves and do right by others.

(in Spanish) Of having the liberty of going forward in life, and because there are people out there that spoke shit at the end of the day, and they don't know what our struggle is and they don't know what it's like to come from nothing. Especially coming from a family that came to this country without knowing the language, they didn't know anything…but they fought and always kept moving forward. But when people talk crap about us Latinos and they know nothing...they need to shut up."


No comments:

Post a Comment