Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Macaulay Culkin Says No to Drugs

Macaulay Culkin recently sat down for an interview with The Guardian, where he addressed those heroin rumours that were floating around about him a few years back. Here's what he had to say:

On the heroin rumours in the wake of his breakup with Mila Kunis, and whether or not people were right to be worried:
“Not necessarily. Of course, when silly stuff is going on – but no, I was not pounding six grand of heroin every month or whatever. The thing that bugged me was tabloids wrapping it all in this weird guise of concern. No, you’re trying to shift papers.” 

On why he thinks people are still fascinated by him:
“I have no idea. I was thinking about this the other day – I’d crossed the wrong street, picked up a tail, suddenly there’s a crush of 20 paparazzi. Then people with cameraphones get involved. I don’t think I’m worthy of that...It’s been like that my whole adult life. You take on a prey-like attitude, always scanning the horizon. It’s strange on dates, as it looks like you’re not paying attention. But I’ve stopped trying to think of myself in the third person, because that’s just gonna drive me nuts.”

On his philosophy:
"I try to figure out what makes me happy – and not in a superficial way. I keep my soul fit...I know enough to know I don’t know. I was raised Catholic, so there’s a lot of guilt. We’re born with original sin. Since I was told that, I’ve been trying to come up with even more original sins, that’ll really blow my priest away at confession. Like, here’s one you haven’t heard – it involves a pitching wedge, a donkey and a bucket of ice...Actually, I’m very much at peace lately. I can debate with people, and my heart rate never changes. If you want to get into an argument with an artist, ask them what art is. If you want to make an actor feel uncomfortable, ask them what they’re doing next.”

On Politics:
“I have leanings, but I’m the definition of a disenfranchised voter – I think the system is ugly. This whole Trump thing is amazing. Discussing politics is the quickest way to alienate people, so I don’t wanna go into it.”

On Trump:
"He’s like the Candyman, we have to stop saying his name.”



No comments:

Post a Comment