Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Angelina Jolie Talks Raising Multilingual Children

Angelina Jolie recently sat down for an interview with BBC's Radio 4. Here's what she had to say about children Maddox, 14, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and twins Vivenne and Knox, 7, as reprinted by E! News:

"I asked them what languages they wanted to learn and [daughter Shiloh]'s learning Khmer, which is the Cambodian language, Pax is focusing on Vietnamese, Mad has taken to German and Russian, [Zahara]'s speaking French, Vivienne really wanted to learn Arabic and Knox is learning sign language."

On her children meeting refugees:
"I never want them to meet these people and look at them with, with pity or feel that it's a responsibility or feel that they are glad they survived it. I want them to meet people around the world and have so much admiration and respect for people suffering different realities and surviving them with such grace and dignity. And so, I don't need to tell my children that. I just introduce my children to these people and these people are so extraordinary and these families are so wonderful and they've taught me so much and so, my children, I just bring them into this environment and they've asked to be in the environment."


No comments:

Post a Comment