Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Jake Gyllenhaal Talks Child Actors

Jake Gyllenhaal recently sat down for an interview with FOX411, where he talked about his experience as a child actor. Page Six reprints his remarks as follows:

"I think any professional business for a child where they’re not allowed to necessarily be a child is always dangerous. You know? I think kids should be allowed to be kids. But I also think that, I always believe in an education, I think that you can have however much talent and people can tell you that or not but an education has always been the thing that’s gotten me through.

My parents, even though I was acting at a young age, always emphasized that and I went to school and I was lucky enough to go to college and as a result of that I think I really know what good material is. I know what moves me because I read the great material...I would also say to any adult actor that if you want to learn the most from a scene always find, if there’s a child in the scene, or a young adult follow them because they’re closer to something more honest than you’ll ever be just by the nature of them being younger.”

No comments:

Post a Comment