Thursday, April 7, 2016

Nikki Reed Talks Self Esteem

Actress and one half of the World's Most Romantic Couple Nikki Reed recently sat down for an interview with The New Potato, where she talked about self esteem. The site quotes her as follows:


Fashion is a way to express yourself; it’s almost like writing a story about who you are on your body every time you walk out the door. I say do what feels good, and what feels like you. Look in the mirror and find one thing you love about yourself every day and focus on that.

How do you practice beauty from the inside out?
I believe the most beautiful feature a woman can have is an educated mind. I love learning, and I still take college courses online just to acquire knowledge even if I’ll never have a piece of paper validating it. I also believe in taking care of the body, and I find strength to be quite beautiful. Beauty to me means feeling strong enough to climb a mountain.

From start to finish, what would be your ideal food day?
I like to eat clean, so an ideal food day for me means I am the one cooking. Ideally I would wake up, walk outside to some lush garden or greenhouse and pick my own vegetables. I am into simplicity when it comes to food. Even as a child I hated Ketchup with my fries, because the idea of adding anything extra just didn’t make sense. I wish I had my own mini farm so I didn’t ever have to leave the house to eat…

What’s always in your refrigerator?
Cilantro and parsley! Its good for helping the body get rid of heavy metals, which we all accumulate over time.

What are your morning and nightly beauty routines? 
I use a lot of oils, and I always wash my skin. I like to scrub daily, because it symbolizes the shedding of the day. I also don’t like to put anything on my skin that I couldn’t put in my mouth. The idea that using chemicals on the largest organ of the body (the skin) isn’t harmful is crazy to me. I try to use the most natural products I can get my hands on, even if it means a bottle of olive oil from the cabinet.

I smell a new Goop in our future!


No comments:

Post a Comment