Monday, January 4, 2016

George Lucas Is A Jealous Hater

George Lucas recently sat down for an interview with Charlie Rose, where he had this to say, as reprinted by The New York Times

On submitting ideas for the new Star Wars movies:
"They looked at the stories, and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans.' They decided they didn't want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing … They weren't that keen to have me involved anyway, but if I get in there, I'm just going to cause trouble, because they're not going to do what I want them to do. And I don't have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up...These are my kids. All the Star Wars films. I love them, I created them, I’m very intimately involved in them. And I sold them to the white slavers that take these things and. …”

After his comments became public, Lucas issued the following statement, as reprinted by Rolling Stone: "I misspoke and used a very inappropriate analogy and for that I apologize. I have been working with Disney for 40 years and chose them as the custodians of Star Wars because of my great respect for the company and [Disney CEO] Bob Iger's leadership. Disney is doing an incredible job of taking care of and expanding the franchise."

All I can say is that thank goodness Disney didn't let Lucas anywhere near the new Star Wars films, so he couldn't ruin them! Oh, and by the way, George:

No comments:

Post a Comment