Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Amy Adams Talks Aging

Amy Adams, 41, recently sat down for an interview with The Times Magazine, where she talked about aging. The publication quotes her as follows:


"Once you turn 40, you begin to meet a new person in the mirror every morning. I say, 'Oh, hello. I know you.' You can repair yourself, but it takes a little longer. Hopefully, I can continue acting as my face continues to fall south."

On becoming more sure of herself as she ages:
"Now I just embrace it. I'm still a little neurotic, but it's okay because all my neuroses are centered on myself and I don't take them out on anyone else. Half the problem was that I spent so much energy trying not to be what I am. Now I just embrace it and half the anxiety goes away." 

On doing Red Carpets:
"I understand that it is part of the job, but it's not my favorite place. I am not a look-at-me person. I enjoy getting ready – that's the best part. I have a wonderful team of people who get me ready so I can't take any credit if I look good. In my everyday life, the responsibility is on me, and I fall very short."

No comments:

Post a Comment