Monday, December 7, 2015

Meg Ryan Talks Love and Life

Meg Ryan recently sat down for an interview with Porter magazine, where she opened up about love, and about life in general. The magazine quotes her as follows, as reprinted by E!:

On aging in Hollywood:
"There are more important conversations than how women look and how they are aging. I love my age. I love my life right now. I love what I know about. I love the person I've become, the one I've evolved into. In my life I've been scrappy as hell, but I feel easy with things now. I think that comes with age. We get stuck in these conversations about looks and hair color and our roots. It's interesting and funny for five minutes, but it's not that interesting. There's a lot of hatred in the world today—it's so easy to judge. Imagine being a hater. How stupid! My women friends are not sitting around talking about...well, sometimes there are conversations like that, but the people I value talk about kids growing up, what kind of world they are going into, what we are eating, what we are breathing."

On fame:
"[Fame is] definitely something I have had an evolving relationship to. I'm the kind of person who doesn't want to be separated out...Fame is so cheap. Actually it's not cheap, it's privacy that is expensive. Instagram and all that stuff is a lot of fun, but everybody has an audience now and that's new. I think people can now relate to the idea of strangers knowing about them: sometimes that's fine and sometimes you are misunderstood. Sometimes there's misinformation."

On ex John Mellencamp, who wrote music for her film Ithaca:
"He's the perfect kind of songwriter for this story. He's world class. There's not one speck of music that's not his. He's got some kind of magic touch."

On her life now:
"I'm with my life right now in a way that I adore, with my kids and my world."

No comments:

Post a Comment