Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Michael Phelps Talks Sobriety

Swimmer Michael Phelps recently sat down for an interview with Sports Illustrated where he opened up about his sobriety. The magazine quotes him as follows:

On his second DUI arrest in September 2014:
“It’s probably the most afraid I’ve ever felt in my life. 

On the 2008 Olympics:
"Mentally, I was over. I didn’t want to do it anymore. I forced myself to do something that I really didn’t want to do anymore. I was in a really dark place, not wanting to be alive anymore. I look back now, I lived in a bubble for a long time. I wound up uncovering a lot of things about myself. . . I saw myself as the athlete that I was, but not as a human being.

On his sobriety:
“Haven’t had a single sip and will not have a sip. I worked, recovered, slept, and took care of myself more than I ever had.”

No comments:

Post a Comment