Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Michael Angelakos, Lead Singer of Passion Pit, Comes Out

Us Weekly reports that Michael Angelakos, the lead singer for the band Passion Pit, has come out as gay. He recently revealed the news on Bret Easton Ellis' podcast; Us Weekly quotes Angelakos as follows:

"I've told very few people in my personal small circles because I don't know how to talk about it, you know? When this was all happening recently, finally, I just decided it might be best to talk about it here. I don't really know what happened, but it's just one of those gut feelings. It's the same gut feeling I had when I said, ‘Okay, I kind of just need to talk to people about the fact that I am. I'm gay.’ And that's it. It just has to happen."

On his separation from wife Kristina Mucci:
“I just wanted so badly to be straight, because I love her so much. I think that was one of the most painful things when we decided to separate. When I decided to really deal with it head on, which was, I don't know, in June, she was the one who spearheaded it in a way. She said, 'You need to figure out what's going on with your sexuality because you can't hate yourself anymore.'"


No comments:

Post a Comment