Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Michael Eisner Hated Jack Sparrow

Johnny Depp recently opened up at AFI Fest about the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, which he thought he would be fired from. People quotes him as follows:

"They wanted to fire me. I remember it trickled back to me that [former Disney CEO] Michael Eisner went on some sort of vent about how, 'Goddammit, Johnny Depp's ruining the film. What is it? What is that thing? Is it drunk? Is it gay?' So I fully expected to be fired." 

When asked by a studio executive about the character:
"I said, well, didn't you know that all my characters are gay? I was really expecting to be fired. But they wouldn't for some reason. They were actually going to subtitle my character – they couldn't understand Captain Jack." 


No comments:

Post a Comment