Thursday, November 12, 2015

Brooks Ayers Definitively Caught Lying About Cancer Diagnosis & Other Bravo News

Even if you've never watched an episode of Real Housewives of Orange County, you'll still appreciate this story. Brooks Ayers, the (now ex) boyfriend of Vicki Gunvalson, spent the past season of The Real Housewives of Orange County insisting that he has cancer. Throughout the season, it became apparent to the other Housewives that it was a scam, despite Gunvalson's and Ayers' denials. Gunvalson finally revealed on the reunion that she now things Ayers was lying about having cancer. Ayers is so delusional that he went on E! blasting the Real Housewives for accusing him of faking cancer, and brought along medical records from City of Hope. Despite the fact that E! is home to the Kardashians, they are also a source for news, so they contacted City of Hope for verification, and City of Hope informed E! that Ayers had never been treated for cancer at their hospital.

On Wednesday, Ayers admitted faking the documents, but still has the balls to claim that he has cancer (insert huge eyeroll). Here is his statement, as reprinted by Us Weekly:

"Words cannot express the deep regret that I have in fabricating documents to 'prove' to the world that I, in fact, have cancer. What I did was wrong and inexcusable. I acted alone, without Vicki's knowledge, to produce documents for a reality TV show in hopes of putting doubts about my cancer to rest. I never intended to disclose my actual medical records or details about my private and personal medical history, thus the rationalization of presenting documents that weren't true simply for a 'storyline' for the show. From this day forward, my own personal journey with this disease will remain private as I initially intended over a year ago. My sincerest apologies to my family, friends, loved ones, and those who are battling this horrid disease for any additional pain and/or stress that I have caused. As [University of Louisville basketball coach] Rick Pitino once said, 'Mistakes can be good. They are fertilizer. Everything I've learned about coaching [life], I've learned from making mistakes.' I made a mistake yet I have learned a huge lesson as well."




In other Bravo news, Us Weekly reports that Bravo has announced the inclusion of two new cities to the Real Housewives franchise - Dallas, TX and Potomac, MD (I'm assuming they couldn't continue DC after that Salahi mess).

No comments:

Post a Comment