Friday, October 16, 2015

Prince William Talks Grief

Prince William recently spoke at the 21st anniversary of the Child Bereavement UK Charity, an organization supported by his late mother, Princess Diana. People quotes him as follows:

"Twenty-one years ago last month, my mother attended the launch of the Child Bereavement Charity," William began his speech. "Fifteen years later, I was honored to be invited to become Patron of Child Bereavement UK to continue my mother's commitment to a charity which is very dear to me. What my mother recognized back then ­and what I understand now is that grief is the most painful experience that any child or parent can endure. I have witnessed first-hand the difference CBUK has made­ and continues to make ­to the lives of bereaved families. CBUK works with military families, with the wrecked families of suicide victims, with little children whose lives are torn apart by the inexplicable death of a parent. And yet amid all this misery, CBUK ­– and I don't know how they do this ­– brings warmth, comfort, a guiding hand, a way through, even color and joyfulness, and a renewed opportunity for love as a family reknits itself after tragedy." 

No comments:

Post a Comment