Monday, October 12, 2015

Laura Prepon Talks Food

Actress Laura Prepon will be a panelist at New York City's Wine and Food Festival. In anticipation of that event, she sat down for an interview with The Hollywood Reporter where she talked food. The publication quotes her as follows:

"My mom was a gourmet chef, so I grew up prepping and cooking my own food. I'm the youngest of five kids, and we'd always congregate in the kitchen around her cooking. And in my house now, the hangout is always the kitchen. When I’m not on set, that’s the other place I feel I’m in my element. It’s such a fun and creative place, and there’s something about it that mellows me out."

On her current favorites:
“Bone broth  you want it to have a gelatinous consistency because that’s the collagen in it. It sounds cheesy but whenever I make it, I get super excited if it’s really jello-y...Soaking grains. I'll have four bowls of different rice, millet and oats, all soaking in a yogurt-water concoction on the counter. Sometimes, my friends think I'm soaking bowls with soapy water, so they dump them by accident. The yogurt eats the outside coating of the grain, making them easier to digest."

Known for Cooking:
"Big holiday dinners. My favorite is my ‘misfit Thanksgiving.’ My friends that don't have family in L.A. come to my house. One friend who came for the first time said, ‘I've never been to such a rock 'n' roll Thanksgiving in my life!’ it usually turns into a big party because after other family obligations, people end up at my house afterwards."

Read the full interview at The Hollywood Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment