Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Nigella Lawson Hates "Clean Eating"

Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson recently sat down for an interview with The BBC, where she talked about "clean eating." The BBC quotes her as follows:

“I think behind the notion of ‘clean eating’ is an implication that any other form of eating is dirty or shameful. I think that food should not be used as a way of persecuting oneself and I think, really, one should look to get pleasure and revel in what’s good rather than either think, ‘Oh no, that’s dirty, bad or sinful’ or that ‘eating is virtuous.' I don’t like people thinking they’re better people themselves for the way they eat. We make choices for ourselves either for our health, delight, according to our income, according to our taste buds, but I don’t think it should ever be a status symbol.”


No comments:

Post a Comment