Thursday, August 27, 2015

Christopher Meloni Talks Odd Jobs

Actor Chris Meloni recently sat down for an interview with Cindy Adams, where he talked about his jobs before landing the role of Elliot Stabler on Law & Order: SVU. Page Six quotes him as follows:

"I scraped together. To make a buck, I did anything. Worst was bouncer. You’re a policeman without the pay. Bartending’s best. I loved that. You’re making people happy, and there’s three feet between them and you. Gym training was OK. Being a waiter, no. You can’t get away. The people are on top of you...My first screen test was for a soap opera. A seduction scene. Fresh out of acting lessons, I was all method-y. I went sleazy. Grabbing the actress, I French-kissed her. Staring daggers at me, she said, ‘You mother fucker!’ ”

On what he would still like to try:
“Now, right after this, I’m off to water-ski. But, down the line, I want to take a one-year trip flying around the world. With me as pilot. I took a little training and got kind of a license. They gave it to me on the back of a matchbox or something.”

No comments:

Post a Comment