Thursday, July 30, 2015

OG Law & Order Castmembers Reminisce About Their Funniest Memories


Law & Order premiered 25 years ago. People recently gathered four of the shows early castmembers, Dann Florek, S. Epatha Merkerson, Carolyn McCormick, and Jill Hennessy to talk about the show. They are quoted as follows, when talking about their funniest memories from the set:

McCormick: "Remember when it was minus six degrees on Riverside Drive, and Dann was directing"

Merkerson: "Yes! Earlier in the script meeting I had said, 'Van Buren should be in this scene. This is a high-profile case. Van Buren should be there.' Dann tried to talk me out of it and I said, 'No, she should be there.' So he was like, 'Okay.'"

Florek: "You were right. Then it was 10 below zero"

Merkerson: "He walked up to me while I was freezing my ass off and he said, 'Never volunteer.'"

Florek: "One time early on [a cast member and I] were at some restaurant downtown where all the models hung out. We come out and the cab’s coming and he goes, 'NEW YORK CITY POLICE, WE NEED THIS CAB NOW!' The cab pulls over and we jump in. Then we pull up somewhere, hop out, and the cabby goes, 'You owe me 40 dollars.' [My castmate] says, 'This is New York City police, pal.' We walk away and I'm going, 'We're gonna go to jail!'"

Merkerson: "Each one of us can probably tell you any number of stories because at the time we were always together. It's been hilarious thinking back. "

Read the full interview at People.

No comments:

Post a Comment