Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Colin Farrell Talks Fame

Colin Farrell recently appeared on The Tavis Smiley Show, where he talked about fame. Here's what he had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

"Well, I was about as close to an overnight success in regards to the commercial stuff that came early on … it all happened really, really fast. So I can’t believe in the lie that’s being presented to me anymore: that I’m a movie star and that everything is great.  have this No. 1 movie, that one. Everyone is telling me now that that’s gone. So it was kind of like, ugh … all of it’s a delusion. Telling me it’s gone is a delusion. Ever believing that it was there in the first place is a delusion. When I used to go, ‘I don’t care about any of it,’ I really cared then. I just didn’t know how to acknowledge it or express my caring. I didn’t understand it. Now, I still care, but I care less, really. And it’s freed me up. That’s the irony, it’s freed me up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment