Friday, July 31, 2015

Grab the Brain Bleach - Woody Allen Talks Soon-Yi

Woody Allen recently sat down for an interview with NPR, where he opened up about his relationship with wife Soon-Yi Previn. NPR quotes him as follows:

"I've been married now for 20 years, and it's been good. I think that was probably the odd factor, that I'm so much older than the girl I married. I'm 35 years older, and somehow, through no fault of mine or hers, the dynamic worked. I was paternal. She responded to someone paternal. I liked her youth and energy. She deferred to me, and I was happy to give her an enormous amount of decision-making just as a gift and let her take charge of so many things. She flourished. It was just a good-luck thing. I started the relationship with her and I thought it would just be a fling, it wouldn't be serious. But it had a life of its own. And I never thought it would be anything more. Then we started going together, then we started living together, and we were enjoying it. And the age difference didn't seem to matter. It seemed to work in our favor, actually." 

No comments:

Post a Comment