Thursday, October 12, 2017

Welcome To Your Tape, Ben Affleck

Let's have a little chat about a different Oscar winner - actor, writer, director, and producer Ben Affleck. In light of the recent reports about Harvey Weinstein, Affleck released the following statement on his Facebook:

"I am saddened and angry that a man who I worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades. The additional allegations of assault that I read this morning made me sick. This is completely unacceptable, and I find myself asking what I can do to make sure this doesn’t happen to others. We need to do better at protecting our sisters, friends, co-workers and daughters. We must support those who come forward, condemn this type of behavior when we see it and help ensure there are more women in positions of power."

Rose McGowan, Patron Saint of The Resistance, begs to differ:




Oh, but we're just getting warmed up. You see, TMZ took a deep dive into Ben Affleck's interview past. Here's what they found:






After that TMZ article came out, complete with the two videos above, he tweeted the following:



Canadian TV personality Anne-Marie Losique, featured in the second video, called up The Hollywood Reporter to say the following:
"This was for the camera. You have to understand that we have done dozens and dozens of interviews like that. It was for a show I was producing, so I was not at all a victim. When the cameras rolled, we would start to do that game. As soon as it stopped rolling, there was none of that. He never touched me in any improper way. He was very respectful, I must say...I can't say I am thrilled to have that interview mixed in with the other stories because I don't think that is at all the same thing...It has been blown out of proportion. I know that people like fishing for anything, but this is completely out of context. I would like this to not have any negative impact on him. I find it sad." 

And a little update on Ben Affleck's BFF Matt Damon: Remember that Deadline story that cleared Damon of any wrongdoing in killing that 2004 NY Times profile about Harvey Weinstein, because Damon didn't even know it was about Weinstein, he thought it was just about some dude named Fabrizio Lombardo? Of Lombardo, Damon said, "I had perfectly professional experiences with Fabrizio and I didn’t mind telling her that...My experience with him was all above board and that’s what I told her." Are you wondering who this Lombardo dude is? Here's your answer:


No comments:

Post a Comment