Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Liam Gallagher Keeps On Keeping On

As you know, celebrity interviews are cyclical, and when they have a new project to promote, there is always a burst of interviews in a short span of time before they go quite again for a bit. Lucky for me, the celebrity in focus this time is Liam Gallagher, and he keeps getting interviewed and spreading his lovely brand of bullocks. Here's what he had to say to Esquire, in an article titled "Liam Gallagher Is Trying Not to be a Dickhead":

On Oasis:
“I have fond memories of it all. When you start out, you don't know which way it's going to go, but you think you're the bollocks. Even though people know what I'm about and all that, I’m starting from the bottom again. Don’t tell anyone, but I secretly love it, because I do have fond memories of them days.”

On trying not to be a dickhead:
"A gig's a gig, man, as far as I'm concerned. Whether it’s 200 people or two hundred thousand people, you're just trying to fucking get in the zone and fucking get everyone off, you know what I mean? Sing the best you can and not act like a dickhead and jump up and down, remaining in control all the time, that's the way I see it. I do that when I go off stage! I go, 'Werrrrr fucking great woohoo…'"

On the public rooting for his comeback:
"I think people have missed me. Whatever it is about me they like, I think they missed it. I think I've got a good album, with good songs on it, and I feel refreshed. I feel like I'm ready to come back and do what I'm best at, and that's just fucking singing my heart out, you know what I mean? I'm talking a whole load of shit, man, because I'm equally as good at that as I am at singing."

On whether or not he is a songwriter:
"I wish I could sit here and bullshit you and tell you a long story like all the other people you interview do, but I'm just a rock and roll singer when all is said and done, know what I mean? But I've been good to rock and roll throughout the years I'd like to think, and I just think it will always be good for me. So even in the worst of the four years off, I didn't panic about it. Songwriting isn't the end of the world, because the emphasis is, as long as I can sing the songs, that's where I'm at. When I walk past a mirror, I don't see myself as a songwriter. I see myself as a rock and roll singer."

On authenticity:
"The crowds are getting a bit of reality, even though I don't do much on stage but fucking sing. There's a whole new generation out there, man, that are definitely yearning for a bit of reality, do you know what I mean? They want the real fucking deal. They want passion. They want the blood, sweat and tears. They're getting real songs. That's what rock and roll is about. And I'm fucking doing it as much as I can without damaging my voice and being a dickhead. So people are digging it, man, and it's good times at the moment."

Read the full interview at Esquire.


Liam also sat down with Reddit for his first Ask Me Anything, in which we learned that he would not sing a song that Noel wrote for him, because "i think he needs all the songs he can get himself these days," his favorite drink is "alcohol," his tombstone shall read "AS YOU WERE," and his absolute favorite song ever is "Imagine." And as for what he wants for Christmas? "a splash of Tourettes you f*cking cunt"

No comments:

Post a Comment