Friday, October 13, 2017

How to Travel Like Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart recently sat down for an interview with the travel section of the New York Times to talk about her travel habits. Here is some of what she takes on every trip:

Wardrobe changes
“I’m not a light packer, so I will definitely pack enough variety of clothing to cope with weather, events and surprises. I’m not embarrassed to take two suitcases. My carry-on is the largest possible that will fit into the compartment. I really love the Rimowa luggage. I’ve actually Instagrammed me with seven suitcases when I had to go out and do my show with Snoop. I had 20 wardrobe changes.”

Three iPads

“One’s just for books, one’s for TV show series, and one’s for movies. I load them up with enough movies so that I have one per day. I don’t sleep well on land so I like to watch movies in the night. I have three because I’m always running out of space. I don’t like erasing all my movies.”

Workout gear

“I take a workout outfit so I can go to the gym in the hotel, with good footwear. I oftentimes take my Pilates ring and my yoga strap and a block to do stuff in my room if there’s no gym. I work out every day when I travel.”

Food

“If it’s a long flight I’ll take some very good food that I know I’ll want to eat on the plane. I might make a delicious smoked salmon sandwich on seven-grain bread; I might take a tabbouleh salad. I take homemade yogurt with apple sauce. I try to avoid plane food most of the time. I just don’t find it very appetizing. And my hard-boiled eggs are just so much better than any eggs on the plane. They’re from my own chickens. I take them for everybody I’m traveling with.”

Soap

“I bring all my own bath things. A lot of hotels put out soaps with so much perfume; they’re awful. I wish they would do unscented high-quality soaps and things. I always bring my own soaps, like Dr. Orentreich’s silicon soap and Mario Badescu’s A.H.A. soap.”

For the full list, visit the New York Times.




No comments:

Post a Comment