Friday, September 29, 2017

Margot Robbie Talks Self-Doubt

Margot Robbie recently sat down for an interview with Wonderland Magazine. Here's what he had to say:

"When I was playing Naomi in The Wolf Of Wolf Street, it was so high-tempo sexy. I was acutely aware that the line in the screenplay was 'the hottest blonde ever' – I'm clearly not the hottest blonde ever. I was just terrified that people would see the movie and think: 'Eugh! She's not that great'."

On critics:
"All the reading, all the acting coaching, and then someone reviews the movie or interviews you and all they do is focus on the aesthetics. You think: "Fuck you. You've totally discredited the work I did and it's not fair!'"

On playing Tonya Harding:
"I thought I wasn't too bad at ice skating – I used to play ice hockey. I soon realised that I'd just been running on ice, and now there was no padding. My alarm would go off at 5.30am and I'd want to cry. Sometimes after sessions I'd get back into the car and weep."

No comments:

Post a Comment