Friday, September 29, 2017

Ina Garten Hates Cooking Shows

Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, recently sat down for an interview with People. Here's what she had to say when asked if she watches cooking shows:

“I never watch cooking shows, certainly not mine. Not a chance. I would never do another show. I think I’m terrible! I’m glad other people like it, that’s all I can say.” 

On husband Jeffrey's unwavering support:
“He’s a great audience because whatever I serve, he says, ‘That’s the best thing I’ve ever had!’ Which is why I love to cook for him! I think he really means it at the moment but then the next time, it’s something else.”

On her most requested dish being roast chicken:
“It’s such a basic comfort dinner and it’s so delicious and so easy to make. I think when people come over to a cook’s house, they expect some fancy meal and when you’ve made a roast chicken they’re just thrilled.”

On her favorite recipe:
“My favorite recipe that I’ve ever done was a French apple tart, which is just a really thin pastry crust, sliced apples and little glaze when it comes out of the oven. It’s like butter and sugar and caramelized apples—so simple and so sophisticated at the same time. I’m sure my friends are going, ‘Oh no, not that again!'”

No comments:

Post a Comment