Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Kate Winslet on Acting and Leonardo DiCaprio

Kate Winslet is on the October cover of Glamour UK. Here's what she had to say in her accompanying interview:

Kate Winslet on... her friendship with Leonardo DiCaprio...
“You don’t even want to know the last conversation we had, because it was so funny and made me laugh so much. We found ourselves saying to each other, ‘Can you imagine if the world really knew the stupid things we say?’ I’m not going to tell you what we actually talk about, but yeah, we’re very, very close and sometimes we do quote the odd Titanic line back and forth to each other, because only we can, and we find it really funny.”

Kate Winslet on... not having a plan B if acting didn’t work out...

“I should have had one, because if it had all gone tits up, I would have been stuck. I had a fleeting idea about becoming a hairdresser, but I cut off a friend’s earlobe trying to cut their hair. I saw him again not too long ago and I was like, ‘I’m so sorry for your earlobe.’ He said, ‘Yeah, you can still see the marks, but I’m proud of that now, Kate!”

Kate Winslet on... the filming of The Mountain Between Us being physically gruelling, and the scene where she falls through the ice on a lake before being wrenched out by Idris Elba...
“The most difficult part was being dragged soaking wet through the cold snow, but my biggest fear was not actually getting pneumonia, it was Idris [Elba] treading on my hair. I didn’t want to ruin a take by going, ‘ARGH, he’s stepping on my hair!’ And however hard it looks for me, it was harder for Idris to anchor his feet on the ice; it was freezing cold, he was also soaking wet, and I weigh a ton because all those clothes I’m wearing are soaked through.”




No comments:

Post a Comment