Friday, August 4, 2017

Demi Lovato Is Not Here For Your Labels

Demi Lovato recently appeared on Elvis Duran's iHeart Radio show Label Defiers, where she had this to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

“I think when people refer to me as being bipolar, it’s something that’s true – I am bipolar – but I don’t like people to use it as a label. It’s something that I have, it’s not who I am.”

On the suicide of Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington.
“It’s a very unfortunate situation and I feel terrible for [Bennington’s] friends and family. But I know that maybe this will raise the topic into conversation around mental illness and mental health and help somebody.”

On how she relieves stress:
“I love doing jiu-jitsu. I started training MMA, and a part of MMA is jiu-jitsu, so when I started learning I just fell in love with the sport … Being able to do the moves that you do and flow with people, it’s an art form and it’s really beautiful, and it takes my mind off of things that I stress about, [because] I’m constantly thinking: ‘What do I need to defend? What move can I make now?’ It’s like a game of chess.”

No comments:

Post a Comment