Monday, July 3, 2017

Sophie Turner Talks Sex Ed

Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner, 21, recently sat down for an interview with the Sunday Times, where she talked about her role on the show. Here's what she had to say:

"The first time I found out about oral sex was reading the Game of Thrones script. I was 13. I said, 'Wow! People do that? That's fascinating.' I guess that was my sex education. Being on Game of Thrones."

On social media:
"It’s written into contracts that in order to promote projects, you have to have social media. So it would be torturous, because I would have to post images. And the social media team at my agency would be like, 'You have to post every day to keep those followers!' It was mad. And I would do it. And then I’d obsess over it after I read the first negative comment."

On how being in the public eye has changed her:
"I only really notice it in hindsight, but prior to social media and all of that, I was an extrovert. I was always the bubbliest girl in the room. But as soon as that started, I withdrew. I would rather stay in and do nothing than go out and see my friends. Because it just affects me so much—what I look like, having to make all that effort and then not being good enough."

On dating Joe Jonas:
"I'm in a relationship, but it’s a very private relationship...I’m happier than I’ve been in a very long time. I very much isolated myself for a while and forgot what was fun. Going out with friends, going out to eat, not really having a care. And people I’ve met recently in my life have drawn me out of that. It really helps you own those insecurities. The things I tortured myself about before, I can forget about."

No comments:

Post a Comment