Friday, June 2, 2017

Gwyneth Paltrow Tries To Figure Out Why People Hate Her Again

Gwyneth Paltrow recently sat down for an interview with Net-a-Porter's The Edit. Here are some highlights:

On why she has so many haters:
“It’s got a few layers to it. People were fine with me as an actress, but with Goop it was like, ‘Stay in your lane.’ Women in general get a lot of pushback, especially if you’re successful and attractive. I’m not saying I’m attractive. I mean when you’re considered attractive.”

On how she deals with haters:
“You get inured. It’s literally not about me, but what I represent. There’s a lot of projection. And it only hurts your feelings if you already think that about yourself. So, when criticisms stung, I used it to think, ‘What judgment am I holding against myself?’ I tried to learn from it.”

On why she started Goop:
“I made this tiny database so my friends would stop fucking calling me.”

On moving back to LA :
“When Chris and I were talking about separating, he said, ‘You probably want to go home,’ and I think he wanted a change, too. We were ready for some sunshine. Twenty years ago it was so showbiz-centric, so empty. Now there’s tech, art, finance, food – it’s having a renaissance.” 

On conscious uncoupling:
“People are coming around. I know it’s a dorky
term, but it’s very worthwhile. I’m always the person who gets shit at first, but then later people say, ‘Hey, maybe that’s a good idea.’ I don’t mind. Once you get over the idea that you need external reinforcement to feel good, life opens up in an incredible way.”

On where she is today:
“I’ve had an extraordinary life, where things have happened in a huge way – huge success, huge joy, huge pain, huge loss. And the reason I feel happy today is because I’ve milked the fuck out of every opportunity. I haven’t made one mistake that I haven’t used as a stepping stone to get somewhere else. I’m ruthless when it comes to using the hard things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment