Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Robert Pattinson Ready to Leave Sparkles Behind

Robert Pattinson recently sat down for an interview with the New York Times while he was in Cannes to promote his new movie Good Time. Here's what he had to say:

On his 2012 movie Cosmopolis:
“I think it was the first time when I worked on something that was quite complex. I especially love the fact that it came out really at the height of my popularity. [That movie was] the big turning point for me — I just realized that was what I wanted to do...I think it’s so rare for something to break a pattern. I feel like almost everything in the world is designed to be predictable.”

On obscuring his looks for roles:
“Anyone can look ugly. It doesn’t take much.”

On Twilight:
“I think one of the best things, basically, about being a bit of a sellout, if you’ve done five movies in a series, you’ve had to accept some responsibility for playing the same character. [It was] an amazing luxury, amazing luck, as well, to just have fallen into it with the group of people I worked with on it.” 

On almost getting fired from the first Twilight movie for acting out:
 “I didn’t have to kiss anybody’s [ass] the entire time. I don’t think I did, anyway.”

On being his own worst critic:
“I can’t say that about anyone I work with, I’ve never seen anyone give themselves such a hard time. I’m beating myself up afterward. And I think there’s some weird perverted energy that comes out of when people criticize previous work or think you represent this certain thing; it gives you this energy. [I'm] almost scared of anyone saying anything I do is good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment