Friday, February 10, 2017

Leighton Meester Grows Up

Leighton Meester recently sat down for an interview with Rogue Magazine, where she reflected on Gossip Girl and looked ahead to her new Fox show Making History. Here's what she had to say:

On Gossip Girl:
"I think I'm different. I started Gossip Girl 10 years ago when I was 20, and I'm 30 now. I loved doing it, and now I'm doing something else that I love, and something new that's a little bit more my taste as a 30 year old, something I've grown into. I feel so lucky that I can have such amazing fans and they either grew up with [the show] or they're growing up with it now. I've also heard people say, ‘Oh we watch that as a throwback."

On Making History:
"When I went into [the show], and when I decided that I wanted to work consistently on something, I had criteria. I read other [scripts] too, but this was just the one. It was love at first sight. I'm proud to work on a show that uplifts the female lead, and has a not-so-subtle yet approachable commentary on the treatment and mistreatment of women throughout the ages."

On working on a follow up to her 2014 album Heartstrings:
"I really have been missing writing, so I've been doing it on and off [for] the last year or so. I worked with awesome people when I released my first album in 2014. I'm hoping to do it again. I'm writing a bit about my current state of mind, which brings me to a happier place, but I still find a lot of inspiration from past experiences, and that leads to some more melancholy that I just can't escape."



No comments:

Post a Comment