Thursday, February 9, 2017

Aaron Taylor-Johnson Talks (Lack of) Oscar Nomination

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who was one of the stars of Nocturnal Animals, recently sat down for an interview with Vulture where he talked about awards season. Here's what he had to say:

“There was relief when my wife told me that I hadn’t been nominated. Coming home from the Globes with an award was brilliant, but I’ve been promoting Nocturnal for six months. As an actor, you prefer to put that kind of energy into something creative. It was good to finally step off the train. You do kind of go, I’m losing my mind.”

On going method for his Nocturnal Animals role:
“I wanted to feel toxic from the inside out. My wife is very loving and supportive — but it was definitely great when I finished the shoot.”

On press attention surrounding his wife, who is 23 years his senior:
“The attention was intrusive. But having to deal with that early in my career probably got me to a place where I can more quickly just go, ‘Oh, fuck it’ instead of wanting to rip someone’s head off for asking questions I don’t like.”

On what's next after his Golden Globe win:
“The experience is all still very fresh. But there’s definitely a feeling of ‘Strike when the iron’s hot.’ I know it’ll blow over eventually, but there’s been more meeting people from studios. It’s an interesting position to be in where you’re suddenly getting considered for projects. I want to work with great directors. I’ve picked films based on the script or the character and seen them collapse because the directors were not strong visionaries.”

A photo posted by Aaron Taylor-Johnson (@aarontaylorjohnson) on

No comments:

Post a Comment