Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Natalie Portman Talks Pay Gap

Natalie Portman recently sat down for an interview with Marie Claire UK, where she revealed a huge salary discrepancy. Here's what she had to say:

‘I don’t think women and men are more or less capable, we just have a clear issue with women not having opportunities. We need to be part of the solution, not perpetuating the problem...Ashton Kutcher was paid three times as much as me on No Strings Attached. I knew and I went along with it because there's this thing with ‘quotes’ in Hollywood. His [quote] was three times higher than mine so they said he should get three times more. I wasn't as pissed as I should have been. I mean, we get paid a lot, so it's hard to complain, but the disparity is crazy...Compared to men, in most professions, women make 80 cents to the dollar. In Hollywood, we are making 30 cents to the dollar.'



No comments:

Post a Comment