Thursday, January 12, 2017

Beth Behrs Wrote a Book

2 Broke Girls star Beth Behrs just wrote a book titled The Total Me-Tox: How to Ditch Your Diet, Move Your Body & Love Your Life. Here's what she had to say about the book to People:

On what prompted her to write the book:
“I was eating funnel cakes and doughnuts every day and not working out, and I ended up getting a stress virus rash that covered my whole body. I had to cover it up on the red carpet. I realized I need to make a real change so that I could perform at my best level and also have a great life. It’s definitely a process. It didn’t happen overnight, [and that’s reflected] in the book. It’s very all in moderation. It’s what’s worked for me and how I’ve become happier personally.”


On being inspired by social media:
“When I’d post a photo of a smoothie or a workout or meditating, people are like, ‘What do you do?’ ‘What’s in that?’ They seemed really curious. That made me want to help, and since you can’t respond to everyone personally, it was my way of reaching my fans on a more personal level than you can acting, and sharing my story about being a junk food-obsessed, stressed out, virus-all-over-my-body human to a more a grounded and healthy eater with an overall improved quality of life.”

On her target reader:
“This is for people who don’t even know what kale is or what it tastes like, and who have never heard of SoulCycle. It’s a very not intimidating way to jumpstart a better quality of life. It has changed my life. I’m a very go, go, go person. If I’m not doing anything, if I’m not busy, I tend to freak out. The main gift that meditation has given me is that time to completely slow down. I also suffered from panic attacks for a long time, and it really helped for me that way. But even my acting, my day-to-day interactions with people, through meditation I don’t get so stressed out from those little things that come up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment