Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Glamour's Woman of the Year Is...Bono?!

Glamour recently released their annual Women of the Year list, and there was something strange on it - Bono! Here's what the magazine's editor-in-chief, Cindi Leive, had to say about the inclusion:

“We’ve talked for years about whether to honor a man at Women of the Year and we’ve always kind of put the kibosh on it. You know, men get a lot of awards and aren’t exactly hurting in the celebration and honors department. It started to seem that that might be an outdated way of looking at things, and there are so many men who really are doing wonderful things for women these days. Some men get it and Bono is one of those guys.”

As for Bono, he said: “I asked did [wife of 34 years Alice] think I deserved it. She wasn’t sure. She said I’ve work to do! I’m sure I don’t deserve it. But I’m grateful for this award as a chance to say the battle for gender equality can’t be won unless men lead it along with women. We’re largely responsible for the problem, so we have to be involved in the solutions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment