Monday, October 31, 2016

Dave Navarro Opens Up About Abuse

Dave Navarro recently accepted an award at the Inspire a Difference Honors gala as the organizations's first male honoree. Here's what he had to say in his acceptance speech as reprinted by Page Six:

“I am just super touched that I was able to be here tonight. Male or female, it does not really matter to me. I think that the fact that we all have a chance to be a voice here and help spread awareness is the biggest factor. I was abused, so I am glad to shed a light on Safe Horizon [the nonprofit for which he’s an ambassador] and all the wonderful work that they do.”

Navarro's mother was murdered by an abusive boyfriend in 1983 when Navarro was 15; her killer was captured 8 years later after appearing on America's Most Wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment