Monday, August 29, 2016

Rob Lowe's Roast is In the Can

E! News reports that the Comedy Central Roast of Rob Lowe took place over the weekend. Roasters included roast master Jeffrey Ross, Jewel, Peyton Manning, Rob Riggle, David Spade, Pete Davidson, Nikki Glaser, Ralph Macchio, Jimmy Carr, and Ann Coulter. Here's what Rob had to say after the fact:

On Gwyneth Paltrow:

"She said, 'Robbie, I'd love to do it. Let me do some research.' She called me back: 'Not only am I not doing it, I don't think you should do it.' I saved the text. It was genius."

On how he's feeling post-Roast:
"I'm just glad there's something left of me. I think I'm in tatters still up there on that stage. But they were all so funny and I just love a good joke."

On whether or not any jokes went "too far":
"It's like you're in the NFL—you hit hard. This is the NFL. You're here to hit hard. There are other places to do soft jokes. you want to bring your soft shit, fucking do a late night show. But if you're on a Comedy Central roast, you better bring your A-game."

Watch the Roast on Comedy Central on Labor Day, September 5th, at 10pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment