Monday, August 29, 2016

Renee Zellweger Talks Comeback

Renee Zellweger recently sat down for an interview with American Way, where she talked about her comeback. Here's what she had to say:

On taking a five-year break from acting:

“I planned to take some time off after Chicago (2002), but there kept being once-in-a-lifetime experiences in front of me that I didn’t want to miss out on. Then I learned you can’t keep doing that forever, so I chose to see what would happen if I did let that once-in-a-lifetime experience that was ahead of me go and just be still and see what I could build.”

On what prompted her return:
“I craved the creative process again. When I stopped making films, it was because it became more depleting than rewarding. It was because of the way I was living my life, and I don’t think you can be good in a creative medium if you aren’t grateful for the opportunity to participate. I started to miss it and I felt ready.”

On publicity:
“It’s the part of the job I find most challenging. It’s more interesting not to know so much about people. The intrigue is disappearing.”

On what traits she shares with Bridget Jones:
“I smile a lot on red carpets in the midst of those moments that hopefully people won’t know about. I smile through the Bridget Jones moments. There are a million of them, all day, every day. But, I’m hopelessly hopeful. I’m an optimist. I guess I just believe that you’ve gotta laugh; have some humor...I ruminate about the stupid things I’ve said that I wish I didn’t say. If the worst possible thing could happen at the worst possible moment, it always does. That? Now? Yes! And deal with it.”

On how she differs from Bridget Jones:
“I’m a little better prepared, which I think I get from my dad; I have his work ethic. I don’t leave much to chance, it’s probably one of my greatest weaknesses at the same time, that I take my responsibilities seriously … I could probably give myself a break sometimes.”


No comments:

Post a Comment