Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Katharine McPhee Has No Regerts

Yes, that was intentional. Katherine McPhee recently sat down for an interview with Ocean Drive Magazine; here's what she had to say:

You’ve had quite a journey. 
"I feel pretty grounded. I got married really young, and then divorced, and in the last couple of years, I felt like, Wow, this is what I should have been doing when I was 20 instead of planning a wedding. But I don’t have any regrets. All of the choices I made I learned from in a really deep way. I have always been fortunate to have strong influences in my life who have forced me to look at my own choices and my own failures. I think we are all on that journey to have more awareness about who we are as a person and to grow and learn."

You are single now. What are you looking for in a guy?
"I have not been single for very much of my life. I don’t really understand how to date or how to be single. As soon as I know that I don’t really want to be in a relationship with somebody, I don’t really care to keep it going. I’m trying to date in a way that doesn’t lock me down. There is still a certain level of attachment with the prior relationship that I was in, so emotionally to be suddenly dating other people is not as easy. People say, “You just need to hook up with a bunch of people,” but I am more of an in-love kind of person. I want to be in love with one person. I’m a one-man kind of gal and a kind of true romantic at heart."

What’s your take on the evolution of beauty right now and with girls trying to emulate reality stars, like the Kardashians?
"I love the Kardashians; I enjoy their show. I think some of the images they are constantly putting out are a part of their brand, like constant perfection. I think that they actually are pretty deep thinking, feeling people that have to deal with their issues and lives in their own ways. But there is too much emphasis on the way people look. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look as good as you can, but there is no stopping it. The thing about social media is that it brought access to this so-called “perfection.”"

What is your view on plastic surgery in Hollywood? 
"I don’t really have a problem with it, but I feel like the reason people don’t want to talk about it is because there is this stigma on whether or not it is actually good work. I don’t have super long legs, so if I could ever trade up, I’d add an extra half an inch to my legs. You look at all the work people have done in Hollywood; even when they look amazing, everyone wants to say, “Well, it looks amazing, but it’s fake.” There is always this angle of trying to take people down. I’m not going to run out and get a face-lift anytime soon, but I don’t know how I’m going to feel 20 years from now. I do believe in aging. I think that there is nothing more unattractive than someone who just refuses to age. At some point you have to allow yourself to age a little bit. But I can’t say that I won’t want to look as good as I possibly can in any stage of my life."


No comments:

Post a Comment