Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Rebel Wilson Gets Fat For Fame

Rebel Wilson recently sat down for an interview with The Telegraph, where she talked about how she uses her weight to her advantage in her career. She is quoted as follows:


“There’s something about me that people like laughing at...And I was like: ‘Oh. That girl’s getting a lot of laughs, a lot easier than me. What is it?’ Because I don’t think there’s much difference in talent. And I remember distinctly thinking: ‘I think it’s because she’s fatter’. And then, I don’t know if it was mega-conscious, but I thought: ‘How can I get more laughs? Maybe if I was a bit fatter…’ And then suddenly I was fatter, and doing comedy. I saw my size as being an advantage, whereas so many women see it as a disadvantage.

...I think a lot of the reason I get hired is because they know I’m going to embellish the script. And I kind of think in Hollywood, if you don’t have that ability, you’re not going to last too long in comedies. You can be a dramatic actor, fine – it’s not like you’re going to be improvising: ‘Oh my god, I killed my son’. But in comedies, if you’re not adding, you’re probably going to be a bit forgotten, in the edit.”


No comments:

Post a Comment