Thursday, July 7, 2016

Gretchen Carlson Sues Fox News CEO Roger Ailes For Sexual Harassment

People reports that former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson has sued her former employer, Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, for sexual harassment and retaliation after she refused his advances: "She was not invited to big events, she was not allowed to cover breaking news, she was not assigned to very important political events – they actually took her picture down from Fox News Studios. The goal was to lower her profile and then fire her." 


Carlson released the following statement to People:
"I have strived to empower women and girls throughout my entire career. Although this was a difficult step to take, I had to stand up for myself and speak out for all women and the next generation of women in the workplace. I am extremely proud of my accomplishments at Fox News and for keeping our loyal viewers engaged and informed on events and news topics of the day." 

Naturally, Ailes denies the allegations.


No comments:

Post a Comment