Friday, July 8, 2016

Jaden Smith Is On the Cover of Nylon

Jaden Smith decided to give us the gift of a new interview for his 18th birthday, which is today. One day it will be a national holiday. Here's the latest from his interview with Nylon Magazine:

On his favorite emoji:
“Do I have a favorite emoji? Uh…uh…probably…the—The square emoji.”

On what he has coming up:
“There are a lot of things coming that I’m very excited for that I’m not going to tell you about any of them :)”

On his fashion choices:
'[I want to] inspire and change the way people think about clothing and about life.”

On confidence:
“You just have to believe in yourself, you know. The world is going to keep bashing me for whatever I do, and I’m going to keep not caring. I’m going to keep doing the same things—I’m going to keep doing more things. I’m going to take most of the blows for my fellow MSFTS. So, you know, in five years when a kid goes to school wearing a skirt, he won’t get beat up and kids won’t get mad at him. It just doesn’t matter. I’m taking the brunt of it so that later on, my kids and the next generations of kids will all think that certain things are normal that weren’t expected before my time.” 

On his Louis Vuitton skirt shot:
“It was lit because we all knew that we were going to impact the culture and change the game and make a difference.”

On gaining inspiration from the 1970's:
“[People] were more dedicated to learning and I feel like that is not something that we necessarily have right now. People would go to record stores and actually buy the records they wanted. They would go to bookstores and read up on Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Gandhi, and all these different people. And now we just have the internet to do everything for us.”

On the Mediterranean Sea, off the coast of Italy:
“I’ve only been there once, but it’s my favorite place to be, and it’s the easiest place to forget about all of the misconceptions, misunderstandings, and misfortunes of planet Earth.”

On his philosophy:
“The greatest lesson I’ve learned from my parents is to be myself, at all costs, no matter what anybody thinks.”

Welcome to adulting, little dude. I hope Xenu got you a brand new built-to-scale pyramid for the backyard for your birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment