Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Catching Up with Anna Kendrick

Anna Kendrick recently sat down for an interview with Net-A-Porter's The Edit. Here's what she had to say:

On fame:
“There was never a point where I was like, ‘If I could just be in a room with a bunch of famous people, that would be great.’ So I’m not surprised that I find myself riddled with anxiety over award shows and stuff...”

On fans:
“Teenage girls are just excited to see you, it’s so sweet. It’s women, mid-20s to mid-30s, who are a bit boisterous. I think, ‘I’ll have to watch out for you...’”

On working less:
“I definitely got to the point where I was like, ‘My life has been falling apart for four years, I need to get my act together.’ The
world didn’t come crashing down, so that’s a lesson that I don’t need to be working every day.”

On writing a book:
“I was so happy to create something that was all
mine. Although, my editor kept saying, ‘It’s up to you, it’s your book.’ And I was like, ‘But could you tell me what to do?’”

On her demeanor:
“I could play Madame Bovary and I’d still end up being dry and cynical. There are times where someone will be like, ‘Do that thing! You know, do your thing!’ I get mildly annoyed by
that. But on a greater scale, I’m lucky that’s [my] reputation; when I’m snarky with people, they know that’s just how I communicate. I’d be terrible at being like Taylor Swift, the perfect Miss America version of interacting with fans
and making sure they have a good experience. I mean, I don’t want people to meet me and have it fuck up their day, but I’m glad I can say something weird to them and they know that’s just me.”

Read the full interview at Net-A-Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment