Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Drew Barrymore Talks (Un)Happiness

Drew Barrymore sat down for an interview with Good Housekeeping before her split from husband Will Kopelman was announced. The interview appears in the magazine's May issue. Here's what she had to say:

"I first loved Nan (business partner and wife of Jimmy Fallon Nancy Juvonen) because she loved the word 'happiness' so much. But last year, I called her with tears in my eyes, going, 'Nan! I've finally figured it out! It's not the word "happiness" that's so powerful. It's the word "choice"!' Happiness is not this yellow, blithe, floating thing. It's something that takes a tremendous amount of work. There's a warrior aspect to being happy. You've got to fight for it. And only when you've got that kind of earned happiness is it really good...I don't mean it to sound like I'm half-happy. Yesterday I was a 10, tomorrow I might be an 8, this afternoon I might be a 3 and tonight I might be an 11. I just have a lot on my plate right now, and it's hard to figure out the puzzle pieces for the next year of my life. Oh, just work-wise, geography-wise, life-wise."

On Will Kopelman:
"I don't think there was one moment when I knew I wanted to spend my life with Will. It was a sweeping, fluid process. It was falling in love with his family, being ready to have a family of my own and thinking if I had a family with this family, it would be really wonderful. Sometimes there's just a time to go for it with a good person."


No comments:

Post a Comment