Thursday, April 14, 2016

Drake Talks Haters

Drake recently sat down for an interview with Rolling Stone. Here's what he had to say:


"There's these GIFs about me, these stupid stereotypes people have of me as this overly emotional character that cries in his room every night. There are jokes because of Degrassi, because I'm Canadian, because I make music for women. There are memes of guys crying to my music. I love it. I heart those photos when I see them on Instagram."

On Rihanna:
"She's the ultimate fantasy. I mean, I think about it. Like, 'Man, that would be good.' We have fun together, she's cool and shit. But we're just friends. That's my dog for life."

On his dating life:
"I'm not after pussy like I was three years ago, when I was trying to make up for all the years when no girl would talk to me. But I haven't met somebody that makes everybody else not matter."

On The Grammys:
"It becomes more apparent how irrelevant our genre is to them. They were trying to utilize me to sell the show, requesting me to come and perform 'Hold On We're Going Home' but they didn't nominate it for anything! They're calling me, e-mailing me every day to do some elaborate performance and bring them viewers, but I didn't get a nomination for Album of the Year. I didn't get a nomination for Song of the Year."

On Macklemore sweeping the Grammy Awards:
"That shit was wack as fuck. I was like, 'You won. Why are you posting your text messages? Just chill. Take your W, and if you feel you didn't deserve it, go get better – make better music.' It felt cheap. It didn't feel genuine. Why do that? Why feel guilt? You think those guys would pay homage to you if they won? This is how the world works: He made a brand of music that appealed to more people than me, Hov, Kanye and Kendrick. Whether people wanna say it's racial, or whether it's just the fact that he tapped into something we can't tap into. That's just how the cards fall. Own your shit. To just name Kendrick? That shit made me feel funny. No, in that case, you robbed everybody. We all need text messages!"


No comments:

Post a Comment