Friday, March 11, 2016

Diane Kruger Talks Adulting

Diane Kruger recently sat down for an interview with Net-A-Porter's The Edit, where she contemplated her future. The site quotes her as follows:

“I just moved [to New York] this week. I need to unpack and buy some house stuff, like candles and books...[Moving here] was a major commitment. That’s a big step into adulthood for me, to allow that time for someone else out of my time,”

On Karl Lagerfeld, with whom she frequently texts cat pictures:
"[He is] funny and cynical, very educated, very cultivated. He lives in books, always has great recommendations”.

On approaching her 40th birthday:
“I didn’t have a great private life until recently; I was always looking for the next thing. But when I turned 30, I realized I was being an idiot. I was living this accomplished life: I speak three languages, I’ve traveled the world, made good money. I realized that I really don’t know anything about what is going on in the world around me – and [I was] not so great about [knowing] myself, either. Now I’m not too 
self-centered!”

On Joshua Jackson:
“He would rather not, [with] all the sex scenes. I think it brings up uncomfortable conversations.”

On whether or not they will get married someday:
“Welcome to my dilemma!”


No comments:

Post a Comment