Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Jaden Smith Talks Future Disappearance

Jaden Smith recently sat down for an interview with GQ, and at just 17 years old, he is giving both Kanye West and Terrence Howard a run for their money in the epic interview department. Here's what he had to say:

Just like Kanye and Terrence, Jaden Smith invents his own math:
“Me and my sister started this initiative called Mystery School. It dates back to like ancient Egypt, ancient Greece—like Plato, Pythagoras, all these students had mystery schools. And what they learned in there was sacred. They would learn the math and sciences of that generation, and then they would build the cities and give that energy and that knowledge to the other people. And a lot of stuff they would keep really, really to themselves. Like, you couldn't say the word dodecahedron, which is just a shape, outside of one of the mystery schools or they would, like, kill you or whatever. Because it was such a sacred shape.”

On people thinking he's crazy:
“It's fun, bro. That's what a lot of people don't realize. It's fun. It's so much fun. It's the best thing. People think you're crazy—I feel like it's an honor, actually, for people to think I'm crazy. Because they thought Galileo was crazy, too, you know what I'm saying? I don't think I'm as revolutionary as Galileo, but I don't think I'm not as revolutionary as Galileo.”

On building his own pyramid:
“Like, the clothes I'm wearing right now, done it on my own. I built my own bed, I built my own closet, um, I built two closets, I built four beds, I built, um, one pyramid— It's at my parents' house. Half of a pyramid. The tip is missing, but the whole structural thing is built, and it sits at 12.5 feet tall. I'll Instagram a picture of it once this comes out, so people know what I'm talking about...Because it's supposed to be 14 feet tall or 16 feet tall, but the tip of the Giza pyramid is actually cut off. There's no tip. It's missing. So I was like, ‘I want to have a missing tip on here, too.’ Because I copied the exact 57.1 degrees that the Giza pyramid is. Obviously I don't have two miniature pyramids next to it. But I have a little pyramid in my actual room, too. One that's just like three feet tall.”

And on his plans for the future:
“No one will know where I am in ten years. They'll see me pop up, but they'll be like, ‘Where'd you come from?’ No one will know. No one will know where I'm at. No one will know who I'm with. No one will know what I'm doing. I've been planning that since I was like 13. It'll be kind of like Banksy. But in a different way. More of a social impact. Helping people. But through art installations. It'll be like, ‘This just happened that helped a bunch of people over here. We don't know who did it, but these symbols and things were left around, so we can only guess that it's Jaden and the squad.’ You know what I'm saying? So I'm just dedicating my whole life to helping the world.”

Read the full interview at GQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment